BELL TENT GLAMPING
at Muncaster Castle
Get away from it all and discover the freedom of wild glamping at Muncaster Castle. Tucked away in a quiet corner of the 77-acre Muncaster Gardens, our small, back-to-nature glamping site offers unlimited access to everything Muncaster and the local area has to offer. Our glamping experience allows you to enjoy the simpler things in life as you unwind and relax around your campfire and indulge in the natural beauty of your surroundings, whilst discovering the wildlife and nature that shares your woodland setting.
Our 5 metre canvas bell tents are set up ready for your arrival and can accommodate up to 4 guests. Each bell tent is equipped with a wooden double framed bed with a mattress, 2 fold out style mattresses which are ideal for children, solar powered lighting and tableware. Outside you have your own fire pit and a picnic table. We provide a campfire kettle, cast iron Dutch oven and cast iron frying pan for campfire cooking on your fire pit. A bag of firewood is provided for use on your outdoor firepit and additional firewood can be purchased on-site. Each bell tent has access to a toilet, rustic shower, basic washing-up facilities, drinking water and a freezer in which to refresh your freezer blocks.
To preserve the peace and quiet that our site has to offer, cars are parked away from the camping area. You have a short walk before you discover your bell tent in its own natural setting.
In addition to the Castle itself, Muncaster has much to explore. With beautiful tranquil gardens, peaceful woodlands, bird hide, Hawk and Owl Centre, adventure play areas, cafés and gift shops, there is plenty to keep everyone occupied.
Our Glamping Bell Tents are available to book online, by phone, or email.
- PLEASE NOTE: Linen is NOT provided. You are required to bring your own bedding and towels.
- Entry to the Muncaster gardens and Hawk & Owl Centre for the duration of your stay is included in the price.
- Please note that glamping at Muncaster is simple and rustic in style, allowing our guests to switch off and enjoy the natural beauty on offer. We do not allow amplified music on site and we ask all glampers to be conscious of, and respect their neighbour’s peace and space.
- Cars are parked a short distance from your bell tent. We provide wheelbarrows to enable you to transport kit to your bell tent.
- We do not allow guests to collect their own firewood for ecological reasons.
- Up to 2 well behaved dogs are welcome. Additional charges apply. Owing to the close proximity to farmland dogs need to be kept on a lead at all times. We also ask that owners pick up after their dogs.
- Larger groups please contact the office prior to booking to ensure we can find the best combination of tents to enable you to stay close together.
- There are two cafes on site that are open during the day serving breakfast, lunch and snacks. In the evening food is available at the Pennington Hotel in the nearby village of Ravenglass. The nearest shop selling general supplies is 3 miles North on the A595 in the village of Holmrook.
- A minimum of 1 night stays are available.
- Unlike in previous years, please note that in 2023 our bell tents will not have an internal log burning stove.
A 5m canvas bell tent on a wooden base, complete with 3.6m x 2.4m canvas awning porch.
Inside the tent: Wooden double bed frame with mattress. 2 fold out single mattress style camp beds which are great for children. Solar light Hub. Cool box. Enamelware plates, bowls and mugs. Cutlery. Corkscrew. Can opener. Salad bowl. Plastic wine glasses. Colander. Chopping board. Cooking utensils. Sharp knives. Washing up bowl. Tea towel. Dish cloth. Matches. Campfire kettle, dutch oven and cast iron frying pan for use outside. Carbon Monoxide alarm. Shovel and brush set.
- Outside the tent: Raised fire bowl. Water container. Picnic table. Rubbish bin with bin liner. Fire bucket. A bag of firewood.
- An emergency 24 hour contact will be provided.
- Logs. £6.50
- Kindling. £6.00
Duvet or sleeping bag. Pillows and pillowcases. Bed sheets. Towels. Food and drink. Torches and lanterns. Freezer blocks for your cool box. Suitable clothing (wellies etc).
You are welcome to bring you own camping stove if you wish for outdoor use. Extra cool box (if you have lots of food and drink). Ordnance survey map. Sun cream. Insect repellent.