BELL TENT GLAMPING
at Muncaster Castle
Get away from it all and discover the freedom of wild glamping at Muncaster Castle. Tucked away in a quiet wooded corner of the 77-acre Muncaster Estate, our small, back-to-nature glamping site offers unlimited access to everything Muncaster and the local area has to offer. Our glamping experience allows you to enjoy the simpler things in life as you unwind and relax around your campfire and indulge in the natural beauty of your surroundings, whilst discovering the wildlife and nature that shares your woodland setting.
Our 5 metre canvas bell tents are set up ready for your arrival and can accommodate up to 4 guests. Each bell tent is equipped with wooden framed beds with a mattress, cosy wood burning stove, solar powered lighting, cooking equipment, and tableware. Outside you have your own fire pit, campfire kettle, and a picnic table. Dutch ovens and campfire frying pans are available for a small hire charge. A bag of firewood is provided for your arrival and additional wood can be purchased on-site. Each bell tent has access to a composting loo, rustic shower, basic washing-up facilities and a freezer in which to refresh your freezer blocks.
To preserve the peace and quiet that our site has to offer, cars are parked away from the camping area. You have a short walk through the trees before you discover your bell tent in its own natural setting.
In addition to the Castle itself, Muncaster has much to explore. With beautiful tranquil gardens, peaceful woodlands, bird hide, Hawk and Owl Centre, adventure play areas, cafés and gift shops, there is plenty to keep everyone occupied. Why not take an evening stroll down to Ravenglass village to enjoy the spectacular views across the estuary as the sun sets while you enjoy a superb meal at our Pennington Hotel, or alternatively a pint of locally brewed ale or glass of something else just as good from our traditional public house, the Inn at Ravenglass, which offers the best place to watch the sunset from.
In line with current government guidelines, each bell tent currently occupies a more individual and private setting. We will group our bell tents together as Covid-19 restrictions lift.
- Please note that this campsite is simple and rustic in style, allowing our guests to switch off and enjoy the natural beauty on offer. We do not allow amplified music on site and we ask all glampers to be conscious of, and respect their neighbour’s peace and space.
- Cars are parked in the car park and do not have access to the site. We provide wheelbarrows to enable you to transport kit to your bell tent.
- We have water available.
- We do not allow guests to collect their own firewood for ecological reasons.
- Sorry no dogs or other pets are allowed on our glamping site due to the close proximity to farmland.
- Larger groups please contact the office prior to booking to ensure we can find the best combination of tents to enable you to stay close together.
- Bookings are available for 3-night weekend stays Friday to Monday, or 4-night midweek stays from Monday to Friday. 7-night stays are available from Friday to Friday. Shorter stays may be available through our website
A 5m canvas bell tent on a wooden base, complete with 3.6m x 2.4m canvas awning porch.
Wooden bed frame with mattress for each guest. Wood burning stove. Solar light Hub. Cool box. Enamelware plates, bowls and mugs. Cutlery. Corkscrew. Can opener. Salad bowl. Plastic wine glasses. Oven glove. Colander. Chopping board. Cooking and BBQ utensils. Sharp knives. Washing up bowl. Matches. Campfire kettle for use outside. Carbon Monoxide alarm. Shovel and brush set and fire bucket.
- Raised fire bowl. Water container. Picnic table. Rubbish bin with bin liner. Fire bucket. A bag of firewood.
- An emergency 24 hour contact will be provided.
- Logs. £5.50
- Kindling. £5.00
- Dutch Oven. £8 per stay (limited availability, please return clean).
- Cast iron campfire frying pan. £8 per stay (limited availability, please return clean).
- Duvet, Pillows & Linen including towels (Hand & Bath per person) £12.00 per stay
Duvet or sleeping bag. Pillows and pillowcases. Bed sheets. Towels. Tea towels. Food and drink. Torches and lanterns. Freezer blocks for your cool box. Suitable clothing (wellies etc). Campfire cooking pots and pans if you have them, they are available for hire.
Foil/ cling film/ kitchen roll. Oil and condiments. Food storage boxes or bags. Extra cool box (if you have lots of food and drink). Ordnance survey map. Sun cream. Insect repellent.