Pennington Leisure Group Statement July 2021
Following on from the Government announcement regarding lifting of restrictions under the Coronavirus regulations on Monday 19th July 2021 - We are really happy to confirm that the Pennington Hotel and Sella Park Hotel are fully open for residents and non-residents along with our restaurant’s and bar area’s for welcoming all guests back. The Coachman’s Quarters self-catering accommodation and our Holiday Cottages are also fully operational.
We have, as an organisation decided to keep some of the restrictions in place as safety measures and to continue to help protect our teams and guests where possible.
We would ask all guests and customers to be respectful of these and to be understanding that we are operating with reduced employees due to shortages of staff who do not wish to return to the hospitality industry and please be assured that our team members are doing their absolute best at all times.
• Please book in advance to avoid being disappointed.
• Some social distancing regulations are still in place so please be aware we have continued with a slightly reduced capacity to make this transition more comfortable for everyone.
• We would ask people to continue to log in on the NHS App via the QR code .
• Food service will be 12.00 Noon until 8.00pm daily.
• We would be grateful if payment could be made by card where possible
• Our team may still be wearing face covering and masks this is their own decision and as a company we stand by their decision to do this.
• Protective screens will remain in place and we would appreciate guests not blocking the main bars.
• Please be aware there may be slight delays in service with demand so your patience and understanding is appreciated.
• Residents – we will continue to not enter rooms and service once checked in, this is to continue to reduce contact should you require extra items please contact reception as per your check in details.
• Residents – We will continue to operate Breakfast on a booked basis along with dinner bookings.
We would ask all our guests to be patient, kind and conscious of the regulations to assist our teams in moving forward with the lifting of these regulations as at all times we are taking our team and guest safety into consideration and as priority.
Bookings can be made by calling us on 01229 717222
Thank you for your continued support and we look forward to seeing you soon.
The Frost-Pennington Family and Team Pennington Hotels
A number of the processes we have undertaken and enhancing are below:
- Hand Sanitizer units available to our guests in public areas and additional available
- Protection Screens
- Cashless payments only
- Room keys will be sanitised prior to arrival and following departure
- Rigorous cleaning processes to include full deep cleans rooms and public areas
- Increased space between tables in our restaurant
- Full restaurant booking system to include breakfast – new technology may be used to make booking and ordering easier
- We have introduced a “Grab & Go” breakfast option which again reduces contact
- All of our teams have and will receive a full brief and re induction process and are being kept up to date regarding the requirements of the processes involved in the reopening
- Housekeeping policies have been updated to reduce contact.
- Additional deep cleans between guests but no daily servicing - we will refresh rooms if requested during a stay of over 2 nights
- All of our teams are issued with the relevant PPE and complete daily temperature checks
- Social distancing of 1 plus meters and where possible a one-way system in operation
- All bookings for food takeaway and restaurants are operated on a timed basis to help social distancing rules
- All in house cleaning policies and operations have undergone a full review
- All of our company policies have been updated and enhance to comply with new restrictions